Sunday, February 8, 2009

And they're all made of Ticky Tacky.....

Since I got Netflix as a present from my boyfriend's brother last Christmas, I've started streaming Weeds on my laptop, and now I'm hopelessly addicted! I can't wait to see what happens next after each episode's cliffhanger.

The show centers around a Californian suburban wife and mother whose husband unexpectedly dies of a heart attack and now makes a living by selling marijuana, all the while having to keep up the appearance of suburban "normality". She recruits the help of a motlew crew to help with various aspects of the operation, consisting of her pot-smoking CPA (Kevin Nealon), her "black sheep" brother-in-law, an ex-rival dealer, and a lawyer neighbor who happens to be the husband of her biggest frenemy, Celia Hodes.

I'm still working my way through the second season.



The incredibly entertaining and tragically HILARIOUS character of Celia Hodes (played by Elizabeth Perkins from Big) just makes my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment